Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 39: Sit Right Here and Have Another Beer in Bamfield . . .

As I sit here and listen to 'Beer in Mexico' by Kenny Chesney (definitely one of my summer soundtrack songs this year) I can't help but thinking about how fast time flies. It seems like just yesterday that I was crying in my bed thinking about how I'd made the biggest mistake of my life coming out here. Now here I sit in the beautiful Rix Building (one of the buildings out here, it's shaped like a scallop shell) listening to my music and just relaxing, final project all done. Yes that's right Reader, I just finished typing up my final project. It sits pretty at twelve pages (no Karina, nothing compared to an arts paper but still long for science) and I'm super proud of it. It's kind of like that feeling right after final exams where you think you've still got things to study but really you're all done. That's what I'm feeling right now. The only thing left to do now is give a presentation tomorrow morning. After that we're free. It's really scary to think about to be honest. 


Now Reader you're probably wondering why my title implies me drinking beer (considering how much I hate beer). No I haven't been drinking beer (especially not right now considering it's 9:30am)! 'Beer in Mexico' is not only about drinking beer in Mexico (believe it or not). It's also about life in general and how time flies. It's about enjoying the little moments and not stressing out about the future. That's why today I'm taking a cue from my dear friend Kenny Chesney (I wish he was my dear friend) and sitting right here 'having another beer in Bamfield'. No more worries about school, just me and an amazing view of the Pacific Ocean and the quaint little town which I've become very fond of. 


I'd also like to mention my lab notebook! You remember, the notebook I'd worked on for five weeks, pouring hours of tedious drawing and diagrams into? Well it was worth 40% of our final grade and I got 90%! Yup, I'm pretty pumped! I'm actually going to have it bound once I get back home. This is my first real scientific lab notebook and I want to keep it so when I'm a famous scientist I can look back and smile. Amber may keep her anatomy book on her coffee table but for me it's going to be sketches of invertebrates! ;)


Well Reader, as far as entries go, there will probably be one more on Saturday just to recap my whole experience out here and to give my final thoughts on Bamfield in general. As far as I'm concerned, school's out and I'm gonna party like it's 1999... Tomorrow night will most likely be a beach party and I'm stoked! Thanks as usual for reading guys! I'll be seeing you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment