Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 12: Whipped Cream Wars (Everyday I'm Shufflin')

Hey Reader! Today was a semi uneventful Friday but there were two things that brought it together. The whole day was spent in lab and in lecture listening to presentations, doing quizzes and drawing organisms but luckily there was stuff to break up the boredom. We were learning about worm body forms so of course Dr. M had something up her sleeve to make us remember the key concepts. We spent an hour filling medical gloves, condoms and balloons with water and whipped cream. We had to try and fill balloons with whipped cream without getting air in them... It was easier said than done. Needless to say there was a lot of whipped cream flying around (and being eaten), water balloons breaking on people and at the end we got to pop our whipped cream worms. It really was quite entertaining and hey what do ya know? I remember all the key worm body plans! It's funny how deliciousness can work!


The rest of the day was pretty boring since we weren't out on field trips. Luckily after supper our class had some pretty awesome plans. Reader I'm sure that by now you've heard 'Party Rock Anthem' by LMFAO and if you haven't you'll have to YouTube it. Either way Marine Invertebrate Zoology 2011 has decided to learn the entire 'Everyday I'm Shufflin'' dance. I honestly did not want to when I first heard about the plans but am I ever glad I went to practice! Not only did I pick up on the dance, it was quite the workout! Plus it was really fun to 'shuffle'. I was actually pretty impressed by everyone's progress! We learned the whole dance in about an hour and a half and it is not an easy dance to learn! I will definitely be posting a video of the class doing the dance on FaceBook once we have it completely perfect. It's going to be off da hook (as Buster would say).


As for this weekend, we are planning on going to the beach tomorrow (as long as it doesn't rain, fingers crossed). I personally can't wait to catch up on sleep and just chill with friends. We have lots of early mornings next week and I feel like this weekend will be prime time for letting my body take it easy. Tonight is karaoke night at the local pub and you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be there! Talk to you on Monday Reader! Have a safe and wonderful weekend and as always I love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment