Hey Reader! I wish I had more to tell you today but unfortunately not much went on. Today was one of those days where so much happened and yet nothing happened at the same time. The highlight of the day was that we got a 'catch up' period in lab. That was such a relief since even I was behind on my work (and when it comes to inverts, I am rarely behind). In a nutshell, today was spent in the lab and in lecture. We started Arthropods today (insects, crustaceans, arachnids, etc.) and thankfully since this is a marine invert course we will only be focussing on crustaceans! But besides that there is honestly not much to tell. I do however have one funny story which I will of course share with you!
So today right before our 2:00pm lecture my mom called me (because I haven't talked to her in a very long time and I missed her). I answered and we started speaking in Norwegian like we always do. The thing was that I was in the classroom at the time and my two profs were setting up the computer for lecture. I guess they overheard me speaking Norwegian as I made my way out and when I got back into class they were giving me the strangest look. Dr. T just looked at me and asked, "Wow Victorialune! Do you speak Romanian?!" It was probably the funniest thing I've ever heard because for those of you who know your languages, Norwegian and Romanian sound NOTHING alike! Not that I blame her for not knowing what Norwegian sounds like, there aren't many Norsk-speaking people Canada (especially not around here). I replied politely that no I was in fact speaking Norwegian and she was quite surprised. Either way it was pretty funny, her facial expression was priceless.
Well Reader, I apologize for the short entry tonight but there is really nothing else to say. We're off on a field trip tomorrow morning and we're snorkelling on Wednesday but aside from that it's lectures and labs and a presentation on Thursday! I miss you all and I hope you're all enjoying the last few days of summer! I sure am! :)
(By the way I'm posting a lab drawing I did today of a decorator crab. I'm pretty proud of it! This is definitely one of my best drawings! Yes I know, I'm becoming an arts student, quit giving me a hard time!)

No comments:
Post a Comment