Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 30: More Lab & More Lies

Well Reader I feel like today's entry is going to be very short and to the point. I'm so sorry that I don't have more to tell you but to be honest this week is going to be very straight forward. It is crunch time and I'm busy finishing up my lab book as well as planning for our final project which begins this weekend! Thank goodness there is no final exam in this course! I will say I've gotten 100% on the last two quizzes though! Inverts, you got nothing on me!


Today was spent in lecture and in lab. Nothing too exciting, just finishing up sea urchins and sea cucumbers. We did a sea cucumber dissection today which was pretty cool (but then again I've already done a cucumber dissection in my intro to inverts course). It was nice to know what I was doing because I got the dissection over with and was able to work on other things! Something cool did happen in lab today though! The divers finally found us an octopus (only a couple phyla too late but hey). It's only about the size of my hand and it's so cute! I've named it Bumpy since it's skin is SO bumpy! I'm definitely happy we got to see an octopus since they're one of my favorite types of molluscs. On a sad note, I can't seem to find 'Crazy Eyes'. I put him back in the tank yesterday but he seems to have disappeared. I have informed my lab mates to be on the look out but chances are he fell down the drain. I am truly sad... As for the 'lies' that I mention in the title, I speak again of the 'cheesecake' which was served tonight with dinner. I was not as disappointed this time but again, I just wanted cheesecake and this was DEFINITELY not cheesecake. 


So Reader? How's your end of summer going? It's crazy how fast this has gone by, I mean it's already Day 30! Can you believe it? I can't wait to see you all so hold in there! I'm coming home soon! As per usual, I miss and love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment