Hello Reader! I'm so sorry I didn't post yesterday (I think that's the first day since I've been out here that I haven't posted)! I figured the two sentences that summed up my day weren't worth an entire entry. So here I am with roughly the same amount of news as yesterday. Unfortunately all we've been doing lately is final project prep, studying and finishing up our lab books. I can proudly say that my lab book is now COMPLETE and boys does it feel good! At 50 pages long, it's a summary of the amount of lab work we've done in these past five weeks! Also it's great to note that today was our last of five quizzes and I think I aced it! Always a great feeling!
As far as the whole final project thing goes, I guess it's time for me to explain. You see every Bamfield course ends with a final research project (either individual or group depending on the course). Thank goodness ours is a group project because we only get one week to not only collect our data but to also compile a formal report and do a class presentation. I can't imagine doing all that on my own! So my friend H and I will be starting our project bright and early Sunday morning. Curse the low tide for being at 5:30am! We're going to be studying mollusc diversity in the mudflat in Grappler Inlet (yes the same mudflat we went to for a class field trip on Day 23). It should turn out to be a pretty interesting project but since we only get one week to do it we're going to be under quite a bit of stress. Luckily that's what Saturday beach days are for! We're hoping to head back to Brady's Beach if the weather's nice again! We need to relax a smidge after all this hard work!
I'd like to give a small shout out to Karina. I know things seem tough but believe me chica, you're going to have such a BLAST over there! You're in an amazing part of the world and you have amazing people thinking of you constantly (myself included *wink*). We all miss you and I hope I speak for everyone in saying that we want you to enjoy it while you can! Your adventure has only just begun girl, it'll be worth it, you'll see! Jeg savner deg K-Dawg! Vi må snakke snart!
Well Reader, aside from me starting a new TV series on Netflix (River Monsters, check it out!) there's nothing really new an/or exciting to report. Thank you all for reading this entire time! It really means a lot to me! I miss and love you all and I can't wait to see you guys! (Also here's the title page to my lab book! My art skills have definitely gotten good out here! Look at that calligraphy!)

No comments:
Post a Comment