Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 34: Why Fogust?! Why?!

I know! I didn't post yesterday! Forgive me dear Reader but believe me there was nothing worth posting on Day 33! The only thing of note was the fact that I handed in my completed lab notebook! Boy did that feel good! It was 5 weeks worth of hard work and extremely tedious note taking but I think it turned out to be pretty darn good! Anyways I figured since I didn't post yesterday I would give you all a quick update on life here at Bamfield because I know you're all dying to hear about my life... That's why you're reading this right? Not because I'm forcing you? Haha, yeah I know that's the real reason.

So I slept in this morning and it felt wonderful! I actually managed to sleep in until 10:00am for once which out here is the equivalent of sleeping until 3:00pm. I watched some River Monsters and generally chilled out until lunch time. It was pizza lunch today and needless to say I was ecstatic. As I mentioned in my last post, we had a beach day planned for this afternoon and that's exactly what we did. We gathered our beach gear and headed back over to Brady's Beach (probably my favorite beach out here). We had a good three hours of beautiful sunshine until out of no where these clouds came in. It immediately got cold and our beach day was pretty much over. So, defeated, we headed back to the station. When we reached our boat it was SO foggy that we couldn't even see across the inlet. I was amazed! How could it have gotten so foggy in so little time? Oh well, at least we had some sun. Either way that's why they call it 'Fogust' instead of August. Fair enough. 

Aside from once again trying to rid myself of my boot tan, there was nothing exciting to report. Tomorrow morning H and I head out at 5:00am for our first day of field work. Yup, should be interesting! I'm pumped to get it started but then again, it's the first 5:00am we've had in a long time... But it's cool at the same time since it's just H and I going out on our own. No profs, just us doing our own project with our own experimental procedure all planned out. It should prove to be interesting. I'll definitely let you know how it goes Reader! As always, thanks for reading and thanks for thinking of me. I love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment